Saturday, January 22, 2011

Since our last episode...

While I'm establishing this new blog I guess I should post an update of what's been happening since my last interwebs update, which would've been about 3 weeks ago now.

Work wise things are pretty much same old. Had a great celebration night thing the other night (more about that later) but apart from that not much has been happening, not much ever does at the start of a new year in this industry. We're usually busy dealing with customers whinging about rates going up. Has been pretty quiet though, which I'm somewhat conflicted about. Part of me likes the easy days, but another part of me wants more sales. Paradox I guess.

Another development is that I bought a new laptop on Friday night (it's now Sunday). Hewlett Packard G62. With my $100 JB Hi-Fi voucher I got from work (my third in 2 months, loving it) it only cost me $450 and I'm loving it so far. Although when I got home with it Mum yelled at me saying HPs are rubbish and that her & our neighbour both had one and both broke very quickly. However my opinion is that my Mum and our neighbour won't have treated them properly. So I guess we'll find out in due course.

The other big development since my last update is VTAC offers being sent out. As some may know I'd applied for Journalism at several places and didn't get a Round 1 offer. Disappointing but not the end of the world. All I can do now is just wait till Round 2, and if I have no luck there then I guess I'll just have to go about teaching myself. Bring it.

Anyway, that's all for now. There'll be more later no doubt. I'm off to play my new game, DC Universe Online. Yes, I'm a nerd. But if you're reading this, you must already know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment